- Email addresses
- Physical addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Credit card numbers, etc.
The Privacy Act was introduced to promote and protect the privacy of individuals and to regulate how Australian Government agencies and organisations with an annual turnover of more than $3 million, and some other organisations, handle personal information.
There are 13 Australian Privacy Principles and they govern standards, rights and obligations around:
- the collection, use and disclosure of personal information
- an organisation or agency’s governance and accountability
- integrity and correction of personal information
- the rights of individuals to access their personal information
(1) Australian law requires you to have one on your website.
Before drafting a policy, you need to think about all the ways your business collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information.
Another great site that offers a free template is Law Path.